English as a Second Language
- Follow us on Twitter @PUSD_AdultEd and Facebook @pusdadulteducation to receive updates through social media!
- Our Fall classes run from August to December and Winter/Spring classes run January through May.
- Classes meet two days each week for two and a half hours each day. We have daytime and evening classes in beginning, intermediate and advanced English.
- Please refer to our student handbook (English, Chinese, Spanish) for important information about our policies and procedures, including our attendance requirements for classes.
- Childcare is available for evening classes by contacting our office (childcare is for potty trained children and must be arranged by contacting our office, limited spaces are available in our child care program).
- All students will have an opportunity to purchase a textbook ($20) and workbook ($15) that they can write in and keep. A class set of books will be available in the classroom for any student who does not purchase their own.
How to Register
Online registration is required for the Intake and Placement Test sessions. Students must register in advance and will receive email confirmation of their enrollment in the session. The Intake and Placement Test session lasts approximately 2.5 hours. The session includes a test in listening and reading (2 hours), and placement into one of our classes.
Registration for the Spring 2023 Semester is now closed, with the exception of Citizenship and Beginning Literacy Classes. If you are interested in joining ESL classes in August 2023, please join the waitlist.
All new students, and students who have not completed a class post-test, must take the placement test in order to register for an ESL class.
Students who did not complete a class post-test must take the placement test in order to register for an ESL class. If you took an ESL class and took and took a post test, then you do not need to take another test. If you are a returning student, do not create another account in our online system. If you do not remember your log in information, please request a password reset or contact our office for assistance. We will email you with your enrollment after you test or before class starts.