College & Career Transitions
Pleasanton Adult and Career Education is proud to offer support to our students as they transition to other career preparation programs and/or college.
Please contact our transition specialist Lynette Hasan-Marshall at (925) 755-6908 or [email protected].
What Does A Transition Specialist Do?
Transition Specialist will work with adult students to suggest scholastic goals and career opportunities to work toward. The Specialist guide students to community and educational resources. Transition Specialist work with students to help them transfer from adult school to community college, to an apprenticeship program, or to work.
- Provides comprehensive support for students transitioning to collage by helping them complete financial aid and college applications
- Organize and host career workshops, presentations, speakers, and college tours on career options
- Provide counseling and advisement on career development and pathways for AS students; create a plan/goals; and follow-up advisement once transition to community college occurs
- Help students enroll in the WIB One Stop Career Centers' services
- Ensure that Adult Education students know college is an option, that college is doable
Links to Resources for College Financial Support:
- Training and Employment Guidance Letter 8-16, Supporting Unemployment Insurance Beneficiaries Seeking Postsecondary Education or Training provides policies, strategies, and resources that support UI beneficiaries seeking postsecondary education and training opportunities, including longer-term training and education programs.
- The new College Scorecard provides the first comprehensive data on costs and student outcomes at many postsecondary institutions in the United States. Now, students can search for the earnings of the students who attended an institution and the quality of the education provided.
- The Department of Education’s Financial Aid Toolkit provides Federal student aid information and outreach tools for counselors, college access professionals, nonprofit mentors, and others. Staff providing career and training services to workforce system customers are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with these resources to help inform their education and career counseling.
- AJCs are encouraged to consider posting and distributing this flier and other FAFSA and College Scorecard information at their local offices, websites, and through its routine mailings and outreach to customers.
- More resources can be found on our Transition website. Please click here
Visit the Tri-Valley One Stop Career Center for training and resources related to job searches and placement!
Wardrobes For Opportunity
Need assistance getting the right clothes to get the right job? Let our transition specialist know!