Pleasanton Adult and Career Education is proud to offer support to our students as they transition to other career preparation programs and/or college.
Please contact our transition specialist Lynette Hasan-Marshall at (925) 755-6908 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What Does A Transition Specialist Do?
Transition Specialist will work with adult students to suggest scholastic goals and career opportunities to work toward. The Specialist guide students to community and educational resources. Transition Specialist work with students to help them transfer from adult school to community college, to an apprenticeship program, or to work.
- Provides comprehensive support for students transitioning to collage by helping them complete financial aid and college applications
- Organize and host career workshops, presentations, speakers, and college tours on career options
- Provide counseling and advisement on career development and pathways for AS students; create a plan/goals; and follow-up advisement once transition to community college occurs
- Help students enroll in the WIB One Stop Career Centers' services
- Ensure that Adult Education students know college is an option, that college is doable